Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How High Curtain Holdback



Dreams are very delicate, volatile, are lost in oblivion if you try to keep writing and disappear like fog in the morning. Within seconds you will have forgotten the details ... even the dream completely. Sometimes we dream of fascinating things, and we live with such realism that until you wake up you realize that not everything has been unreal. Even for a moment you feel confused, until differences the reality of the dream and marvel in the amount of things that go through your head as if you lived another life on the sidelines .... with the mind.
all know that in the dream we pour lots of things, some we have passed, others are desires, other visual memories and photographs back to life by inserting a live event and mixed with a medley of fact and fiction, with conversations we ear, images of the TV or a magazine, with family and friends ... In the evening our brain waves and shaker shakes, and bingo or lottery which the brain pours real and fictional memories and make your movie. As sad or happy, tired or active cocktail that is prepared at night or let you know rich bitterness takes you to get up a bit.

When you spend your life and feeds your emotions practicing your hobby all the time (in my case astronomy) either by observing the sky at night, reading books anywhere, chatting with fellow fans can ... also happen to dream of Astronomy ... and at that point you think you're too attached and would be true: Astronomy is an important part of your life.

the time I crossed the line for over 18 years I spent two body and soul to Astronomy: enjoying books and a telescope, had a group of friends and there were no limits to the knowledge he enjoyed science and nature in general, he knew that everything had been created in some ancient star. Thus every Sunday morning with the intention could leave the city and address the field. Sometimes it was to see just dawn, when the output of the sun from a natural environment, listening to music of Vangelis, Pink Floyd or Neuronium, other early was to begin an ascent to a mountain peak and see the world from a perspective higher than usual. There are feelings that do not can be described well with words, you are somehow closer to the stars, contemplating the grandeur of nature ...

And so it happened one night I dreamed I climbed a mountain in the dark of night.

In this dream for over 10 years and I can still remember some detail, if you know ... Continue reading this story:

We were gathered at the foot of a mountain some of the friends that we were at that time astronomy group Alcalá, we were up at midnight to climb to the top of a mountain as night excursion is a amazing experience enjoy nature at night. We climbed a hill from there first to reach the high mountain top. This was sharp and narrow ridge of difficult access, but in my dream were experienced climbers, for it is a dream, and I could not afford to dream that we were climbing the highest mountain in the world. From the climb I remember nothing, only the last mile. Broken boulders and blocks of broken slate as we were used to grab and climb like goats, climbing nearly dark. We had no or backpacks, or oxygen cylinders, total, was a dream, but I did not know. When the first group arrived at the end cried out and said something and "you have to do this." And not articulate another word. Nervous accelerate the pace to get up to see what happened. I wondered what there could not have anything, is that the landscape on the other side has left him fascinated ... Anyway, he disappeared from my view ... and I was worried because the other side only had a brutal fall of yards and yards , I called but it was gone. What happened? He would have hidden behind a spectacle to behold. Are we not answered by emotion? I should think so. In fact ... he was not physically on the mountain. When I reached just

the edge of the last stone understood what was happening.

A huge golden-yellow structure was almost in contact with the mountain, you could actually "jump" and touching that area and then walk up the mountain beyond. It was so great that I became aware of their true shape and size until they walked with eyes in all its dimensions. I was breathless, his mouth open and his heart soared in the throat. This fine structure could almost touch with his hand stretched into the distance with a perspective as inclined disk, which looked like a huge narrowest track ended in a huge area of \u200b\u200bsmooth lemon yellow off. It was huge and nearly filled the vastness of the sky, I walked along the track and curved in both directions left and right of that huge area. When I looked to my right I saw my colleague who "walked" on that surface. It was solid but semi-transparent. And I went walking with the eyes, heart, and then I understood. What I felt at that time bordered on the marvelous, impossible, crazy sweet dream come true in a fantasy that could never be described. Feelings beyond words. An expression of great happiness in my face marked, his heart jumped a mile a minute and tears of joy sprang to my eyes. I put my hands to the mouth by instinct as to silence a cry of shocked disbelief, perhaps for fear of scaring or wake someone from a dream ... no! Do not want to wake up! Shhhh. Endured the screams of joy I felt as if time had stopped. Since I was alone, could not recall that there were more people around, I tuned out the world ... My only wish was to jump the short gap between me ... I was looking at the planet Saturn. He was just a step away from me, I never would have imagined. "What we have not seen from the ground? It was something magical had to climb the mountain to access such a privilege. I then placed both hands on the ring and then the left leg. And climbed.

That gave the world light was soft, I really only got "a shadow", the reflection of having a star giving light behind it. I ran it the semi-transparent ring that rose with a gentle slope and reached a point where there "and gave the sun." The planet's disk overshadowed much of the ring but once this limit could be exceeded as some sun shone from across the other side of the planet. The color around me was mysterious, light and dark yellow ... of darkness. Soil disc was surprisingly strong and secure despite its thin appearance. And I remember well the feeling of silence, walking through the Saturn's ring wrapped in a feeling of absolute peace and quiet. Then I reached the region of the light, everything took on a very intense light, a yellow happy and alive, a strong glow appeared at the limb of the planet. I had to cover my face to avoid being dazed and then I could feel something else: the heat of the sun, that wonderful sun enveloped all. As if someone suddenly gourd in bed with a warm blanket in the middle of the night so that I could feel the sun warming my face, my hands, my whole body. I looked back because heard voices of my comrades who came behind my steps, but the light did not let me define their forms, their silhouettes on the shade. They should see me bathed in light and approached, but rather than try to look in my mind what happened after it did not know what happened next. The memories begin to dilute and are lost as the outlines of my colleagues in the shadow of Saturn.

I still wonder how in dreams can feel so many ways: joys and fears, surprise, hear sounds and feel the temperature ... and wake up remembering every one of those feelings as real. I know I've scaled the highest mountain in the world, the less likely yet that anyone has been able to walk through the ring of Saturn ... but ... the feeling of having made if real in my mind. The effort of the climb, cold to climb the mountain if I have very real sense, as when we enter the Onion in the middle of the winter solstice (the memory of stress and temperature are etched in my mind) and I have referred many times the majestic Saturn through an eyepiece, I saw how changing the inclination of the ring to disappear and reappear to show all its splendor ...

Mix all these memories in the brain tulle cocktail ... throw in a dash of imagination and fantasy ... and who knows what a wonderful corner of the universe will appear ...

- "Let your dreams will make an unforgettable gift" -

Leonor


I have presented in the short story contest held this year in Astromad08 , has not won but has been published on the Web astroman with others so that everyone can read:
http://www.astrohenares.org/concurso/suenoastronomico.html


image of Saturn as seen from Cassini.
Imagine a show like that, and the chance to go to the ring by the shaded area.

0 comments:

Post a Comment